gEDA-user: Universal part database

Hello

I have created an universal system of partlist order no./price database
on Ronja project.  Users can conveniently add their favourite supplier,
corresponding order numbers and prices into OpenOffice CSV file. Then
they can send me and I merge the data in OpenOffice into central CSV
database.

The CSV database is compiled into a GDBM database file which is a hash
database with fast key search operation.

When a schematic is touched, partlists are automatically regenerated.
For each tripled device, value, package, corresponding line is found
and generated. Total for all suppliers is calculated.

The output is directly displayed on the web. The user can this way
compare which suppliers are the cheapest, order part of parts from
one supplier and rest from different, or just strip the output CSV
file in OpenOffice and generate an order for arbitrary pieces of
the device in about 1 minute ;-)

http://ronja.twibright.com/schematics/prices.csv (master database)
http://ronja.twibright.com/editing.php ("Enering prices") - description
for the user how to add into the system

http://ronja.twibright.com/bom.php?mod=tetrapolis&type=html3&lang=en
example partlist output (HTML)

http://ronja.twibright.com/schematics/tetrapolis.csv
example partlist output (CSV)

If you are interested in the sources of the system, instructions about
obtaining Ronja source tree are here:
http://ronja.twibright.com/editing.php

The eventual goal is that as the users enter the data, a newcomer to
Ronja project will have data for all major worldwide suppliers, so
regardless of his position on the globe, he will be able to assess the
cost of the material and availability for the chosen device variant
immediately. He will be also able to immediately order within minutes.

The used tools were:
* GNU GDBM
* Perl
* GDBM binding for Perl