Re: gEDA-user: Did not find optional local gafrc file ?

Hi,

[snip]
>I am curious to know what these warnings are and how I
>can get rid of these. I  haven't created the .gEDA
>directory in my home yet because the downloaded files
>share a common symbol library (sym) which are
>referenced in the individual gschemrc and gnetlistrc
>files in each project. I don't find a gafrc file in
>any of the directories and am curious to know what
>this specific line means : Did not find optional local
>gafrc file
>[/home/tester/USRP_download/basic-dboard/gafrc] ?

	If you do not have this file, that's okay.  It's an optional
resource file.

>Also, i just created the symbols from the disctributed
>source and I don't know why it asks me to update my
>symbols. Is that a serious problem? How can I update
>those symbols ?

	They are just informative warnings that the symbols aren't in the
latest format.  For the most part they are harmless, since gEDA/gaf can read
in files all the way back to files written in 1998.   If you really want
to get rid of them, either:

	1a) Run gsymupdate on each of the symbols
		or
	1b) Run gschupdate on each of the schematics

		-OR-

	2) Open up all the symbols/schematics in gschem and select:
	   File/Save All.

								-Ales