Re: gEDA-user: Editing attributes in gschem

ons, 11 05 2005 kl. 22:51 -0400, skrev Ales Hvezda:

> 	You should just be able to click on the refdes, and if the symbol
> selects, then click again and the symbol will deselect and the refdes will
> then select.

Yes Ales. That is how it works. And I am sorry to say that I had an old
version of gschem on my pc. Shame on me. I had a blind idea of the new
installer deleted the old versions; but it don't.

> 	I am assuming that you mean Edit/Edit..., as I don't recall seeing
> a specific Edit Attributes... item.
>
> 	All the _editable_ (that is attributes that are attached to the
> symbol) attributes should be in the Edit/Edit...  dialog box.  Please post
> a schematic fragment if this is not the case.  Thanks.

Open a new schematic. Pick a component f.ex. Maxim MAX232-1.sym.

If you show/hide inv text, you will see some attributes like numslots=0
net=GND:15 etc

If you bring up the edit attributes ee, you will see the only attribute
who shows up are refdes.

Is this a bug in the program or are all components with attributes
faulty?

You can add attributes yourself, and they will show up in ee; but there
should be no reason for having the same attributes twice.

But by the way tnx for a great program.