Re: gEDA-user: Printing PCB Layouts from the Command-Line

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 03:18:05PM -0400, John Luciani wrote:
> I am producing some documentation and it would be convenient to be able to
> print out postscript files containing PCB layouts from within a
> Makefile or shell script.
>
> Does anyone have a PCB script that will plot the various layers from
> the command-line?

no.  PCB almost has everything you need, but not quite.  You can specify
a file on the pcb command line containing actions to execute as soon as
it starts up.  Whats missing is PCB currently doesn't have an action which
lets you set up all the hardcopy options and then actually execute the
hardcopy.  All you can do currently is bring up the hardcopy dialog box.

It shouldn't be hard to add and it's something I'd like to see.  In fact
this is a large part of why the execute actions from a file feature
exists.  However, finishing that up is lower on my list behind a couple
of items I really want to fix ASAP.

-Dan