Re: gEDA-user: pcbexpress.com and ``pcb'' ``negative'' solder mask layers

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 10:28:22PM -0400, Joel N. Weber II wrote:

> The files mostly looked fine in gerbv.  One of the two solder mask
> layers got me complaints about a missing aperture, and there was one
> line that was obviously different that seemed to omit the aperture (I
> think this was the first aperture in the file), so I cloned the one
> that didn't have those errors to the other one, and fixed the
> descriptive comments at the top so that they stayed different.  (This
> is a thru hole only board, no surface mount parts, which seems to
> imply that the mask layers ought to be identical to each other.)
>
> I'm running pcb-1.99j out of debian unstable, compiled on netbsd,
> which might not be the optimal choice; there was a bug in the
> sourceforge bug tracking system which seemed like it could have been
> the bug I saw.

why not pkgsrc/cad/pcb-current on netbsd?  And if there is some reason
for not using pkgsrc (let me know what that is please) pcb should
compile cleanly out of the box on netbsd.  Thats my primary development
platform.

I seem to recall fixing some missing aperture bugs maybe a year or
so back.  1.99j is probably old.

-Dan