Re: gEDA-user: pcbexpress.com and ``pcb'' ``negative'' solder mask layers

> Do people have recommendations about how to deal with this?

If you can get a real person there who's willing to make this work,
have him email me directly and I'll fix pcb.  I'll need a copy of your
.pcb file if that's OK.

> (I don't have any particular strong reason to prefer pcbexpress, other

I know 4pcb takes pcb's gerbers as-is, if you want to check them out.
www.barebonespcb.com is cheapest if you don't need a mask.

> Also, it seems slightly inconvenient that pcb is designed to generate
> separate drill files for plated and unplated.

They have to be drilled at different times in the manufacturing
process.  It's a *lot* easier if you let all the holes be plated.