Re: gEDA-user: pcbexpress.com and ``pcb'' ``negative'' solder mask layers

> What is the correct thing to look for, then?  The mask layers I got
> have, in gerbv, grey where there should be soldermask and black where
> there should be no soldermask.

I'm guessing pcbexpress wants black where mask and grey where exposed.

> I assumed from what pcbexpress told me that they were complaining
> about the use of ``IPNEG'' in the gerber file for the solder mask
> layers, but I'm not sure.

True, they might want an IPPOS layer that still has grey where mask
and black where exposed.

> I'm not sure if that would get me the optimal pad size, though.  Also,
> doing that manually for 9 connectors times three holes per connector
> would leave me feeling like I'd like better automation.

The .pcb file is a text file; you can use a perl/sed/awk/edit script
to bulk change them.