Re: gEDA-user: Cheap 4 layer manufacturer?

David Carr wrote:

I need to have 1-2 4x4" 4 layer boards made. I'd prefer to have mask. Whats the cheapest place you've found to do this?

Hope this isn't too far off-topic,
-DC

Sierra proto express: (USA)
http://sierraprotoexpress.com
2 boards up to 80 square inches for $121 with mask and silkscreen. I have not used them yet, but they have been quite responsive to my questions. 6 mil track and space. The minimum via is 15 mils with is a bit large. They will not make arrays of boards.

I will be using PCB Train (http://pcbtrain.com) for my next board since the sierra proto express vias would not fit between the pads of a 1mm pitch BGA. They have also answered a few of my questions quickly. They seem willing to do arrays of boards. I like this since I am working on 3 different credit card sized boards and can save money by combining them. I will let the list know how this goes.

I have used PCBExpress before and they did a good job, but are about twice as expensive as the 2 I mentioned.

--
Darrell Harmon
100x100mm SBC running GNU/Linux: