Re: gEDA-user: PCB view solder side

On Tue, 2 May 2006 21:13:11 +0300
Tamas Varga <motty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > There's currently no option for the old behavior, and the upside down printing
> > on the solder side is a bug.
> >
> > Bill
>
> Thanks you for the reply.
>
> By up-side-down printing I meant how the designators are displayed on the screen after the flip axis change. I haven't checked the actual ps/gerber outputs.
>
> Actually, I think if the flip axis is changed intentionally then the texts really should now appear up-side-down. So, I think this is not caused by a bug, but by the decision of the axis switch.
>
> Any chance for a setting for the flip axis? After this change all existing designs will have this problem with the up-side-down designators.

I think there really is a bug.  When I just now add new solder side or silk text while
the board is flipped, the text appears upside down.  In the HID version, flipping the
view is supposed to be the job of the gui and there seems to remain some flipping
code in the pcb core that is flipping text (where SWAP_SIGN macros are used).
This conflicts with the gui and I think the SWAP_SIGN stuff needs to be
removed.  Is that so DJ and Dan?  If I disable it in draw.c, the text does draw
as expected and I think the text would be drawn wrong even if the flipping
was the other way.  The SWAP_SIGN stuff would vertically "pre flip" and then
the gui code would do it again.

At the moment, I'm not sure about making it an option as I thought that this
would be better, however I'll look at it when I have more time.

Bill