Re: gEDA-user: PCB view solder side

> Then the core is currently defining the flip direction.  Shouldn't
> the macros SWAP_SIGN then be replaced with HID functions so the gui
> can be in control?

No, the core is defining the physical flip direction - the direction
that elements are flipped when they're moved to the other side of the
board.  Why would the GUI need to control that?  The GUI controls the
mapping of board space to screen space; it could flip vertically,
horizontally, both, or neither.

What we need is a way to specify which type of flip the core uses to
move things to the other side, but this isn't a GUI choice, it's more
of a global settings choice.  If anything, the core should tell the
GUI which way is the preferred way to flip things.