Re: gEDA-user: Composite/negative layers in gerbers

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 10:25:37AM +0200, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> When I wanted to make the first Ronja board, I picked up a board house
> that claimed to support Gerber RS274-X. It didn't, because they couldn't
> load a file with negative layers. Negative layers are a part of Gerber
> RS274-X, so they didn't support RS274-X and were just misleading
> customers.
>
> I went to a different manufacturer and he took it without objections.
> Since then, all Ronja boards are done at the second manufacturer. The
> first manufacturer lost significant amount of job, because the boards
> have been made in hundreds or maybe thousands.

I can see why you'd do that, but so far I haven't found anywhere that'll
match the price (all the boards I can fit in 160x100mm for $33 plus
postage).  That's if I succeed in getting boards through them.

If I ever do more than one-offs, I could certainly change my mind.

Chris