Re: gEDA-user: Composite/negative layers in gerbers

Same problem here; I just got a RFQ bounced back from OLIMEX for 'negative plots and composite layers'.

They say 'please ask your cad vendor for help how to generate gerbers without composite layers'. I am tempted to reply 'My cad vendor says you're lying when you claim RS-274X support.' But nobody else has comparable prices on panelized boards so I hope we can get this to work.

So there's two parts to this.

1. Composite layers. Not 100% clear to me what OLIMEX means by this, but they might mean that a layer appears to be defined across more than one file. (Compare http://ecommerce.pcbfabexpress.com/faq.jsp#faq080105_3) So, remove the %LNCUTS*% layer name parameter lines, which seem not to be needed, and otherwise make all layer names be unique across the gerber files.

2. Negative plots. Also not clear to me. Well, the solder mask files are 'negative' but that's usual. If they mean they don't allow %LPC*% then we really do have a problem.

   --Paul