Re: gEDA-user: New wiki and documentation online.

Ales Hvezda wrote:

> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/

Nice. This is a consistent address.

> (please point out any errors or
> if you had write access to the old pages, you have write access on the
> new pages).

Tried it and fixed the link to Bills gsch2pcb tutorial --> Wiki access
works for me :-)

> Also, David converted all the existing gEDA/gaf documentation
> into wiki format.

This is a major step ahead. Thank you David and Ales!

> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:documentation
>
> If there are any corrections, just let us know (or go ahead and fix
> it).  Soon the old wiki pages will be changed to point to the new wiki
> (in some fashion).

I'd put some big, fat pointer to the new wiki on top of each of the old
wiki pages immediately and automatic redirect after the new wiki proves
to be working? This might avoid confusion for those who follow now
obsolete deep links.

> I haven't updated the gEDA website's pages yet, will do that after
> the new wiki gets some air time.

It is good to have the old version as a fallback until the new one is
thoroughly tested. However, in the meantime I'd add a note to the main
page, that the new wiki exists. You may also add an "(outdated)" to the
links to the geda-manager, or a more explicit note in
geda.seul.org/tools/geda/index.html
Right now, new users who enter the projects main page are lead to
believe that geda-manager is the way to go. I know, that the website
says on some other, that the geda manager is rather dysfunctional right
now. Still it points to geda-manger without stint.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx