Re: gEDA-user: reflow oven

Stefan,

Anyone considering a home-brew re-flow oven for surface mount should NOT be intimidated by
a simple control loop algorithm.

George

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 17:09 +0200, Stefan Dröge wrote:
Bill Sloman wrote:
> This is proportional-derivative control implemented by someone who
> hasn't heard of proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control. Google
> for an absolute flood of information.
>
> http://lorien.ncl.ac.uk/ming/pid/PID.pdf
>
> It is a technique that has been around for a while - the Ziegler-Nichols
> tuning technique for PID controllers refers to the paper they published
> in 1942.

I don't know much about control engineering, but in the text was also a
paragraph about PID.
But they said that this would require at least 3 parameters, and would
be too complex, and that adapting a PID-controller to the oven would
require founded awareness in controling engineering.

Stefan