Re: gEDA-user: New PostScript back-end checked in

Mike,

I got:
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/david/Desktop/geda/devel/libgeda/share'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `prolog.ps', needed by `all-am'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/david/Desktop/geda/devel/libgeda/share'

when I tried to compile the new version...

-David Carr

Mike Jarabek wrote:
Hi All,

	The long wait is over.  I have just committed the changes to enable
improved PostScript output.  From my test file I get on the order of 50%
reduction in output size.  Major changes include:

	- Unicode output support, the printing code enumerates all the Unicode
characters in the schematic and generates a font re-map table that calls
up the Adobe named glyphs for most of the Western Glyphs.  I am missing
the generic unicode support as defined by adobe, I only have the named
glyps, the alternate encodings for non named glyphs is not included.

	- Postscript prolog file, the printing code inserts a prolog file into
the output.  User code can be inserted into this file to customize the
output, and do dirty tricks.

	- Postscript native units are scaled to the gschem internal units, so
output from gschem is now in internal units removing the need for all
the conversion utilities.

Features remaining to implement:

	- Overbar support for Postscript output text.  This needs to have a
special `show' command to be written in the prolog.  The show command
has to interpret the `\_' escapes and draw overbar segments on the
rendered letters if needed.

	- Cleanup of o_*_print() functions to remove unneded offset parameters.

Give it a try, please let me know if there are any regressions or things
broken.

Mike