Re: gEDA-user: not quite hierarchical netlist

On Friday 19 May 2006 13:21, Wolfgang Buesser wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> probaly this is a stupid question, but I am having
> difficulties generating a hierachical spice netlist: I have
> tried to follow the instructions in the manual and ended up
> with the following netlist:
>
> *******************************
> * Begin .SUBCKT model         *
> * spice-sdb ver 12.27.2005    *
> *******************************
> .SUBCKT Amp
> *==============  Begin SPICE netlist of main design
> ============ MX1/M1 X1/N1 NN X1/GND X1/GND NMOS  l=1.2 w=2.2
> V1 NIN 0 VIN
> X1/C1 NOUT X1/N1 Ccomp

This is incorrect.
Spice (and all Spice format simulators) uses the first letter to
determine the type.  Since the first letter is "X" that makes
it a subcircuit call.  A capacitor must start with C.

Also, not all simulators take named parameters.
Gnucap does, if you get the latest.

... unless your intent is that X1/C1 is a subcircuit call, and
Ccomp is the name of the subcircuit.