gEDA-user: gEDA Code Sprint wrap-up

gEDA users and developers --

Thanks to everybody who participated in yesterday's code sprint!  We
had people from all over the world participating,  including folks
from Germany, Spain, France, the US and Canada, all interacting via
IRC.  A lot of new code was checked in, representing several bugfixes
as well as new features in both gschem and PCB.  Personally, I spent
the day fighting a strange GTK bug in gattrib, and am still working on
it.  I'm very happy to have had the time and support offered by
working in a code sprint.  All in all, everybody felt the day was both
fun and successful!

Here's a photo I took of DJ (left) explaining a tricky bit of C++ code
to Ales (right) in the middle of the code sprint:

http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/AlesAndDJ.jpg

The code sprint was so successful that I'd like to propose another
sprint for Sunday, July 23rd.  This date works for the team based
around Boston, MA.  We would do the same thing:  Collaboratively work
from 9am to 4pm EST, thereby allowing for folks from both Europe as
well as the West Coast to check in.  Collaboration will take place
over IRC, as well as in person at a venue in Southern New Hampshire.
Please let me know if this date is OK for you, or if another one is
preferable.

Additionally, I'd like to move the next Free Dog meeting to Thurs June
8th.  This helps resolve scheduling conflicts affecting
both me and Ales.  I will make an announcement about the upcoming Free
Dog meeting when the date draws closer.

Stuart