Re: gEDA-user: using TI spice models

On Monday 22 May 2006 15:56, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> Another way to check your results is to read your netlist
> into LTSpice and/or Gnucap and run your sim using it.
>  Indeed, since Gnucap is a completely different simulator,
> comparing ngspice to Gnucap is a good robustness test.  If
> you get same result (likely), then the problem is your
> circuit, not your sim.

I tried it on gnucap ..

It takes the names with + and -, but it tripped on another
thing ...    On BJT's the substrate node is optional.  When you
specify an area and no substrate, or is that a substrate and no
area ..  The parse is ambiguous.  It got the wrong one.  The
fix is to put the node list in parentheses, which is a good
idea anyway for readability.  It gave me answers.

Usually, checking on another simulator is a good robustness
test.  Sometimes it can trick you.  On the help-gnucap list,
there was recently a report of a convergence error.  I quickly
sent a patch then realized that it still wrong.  It converges,
but to the wrong result, the same wrong result as ng-spice.