gEDA-user: 125W Transformer gun as desoldering station

The 125W transformer gun from Krepa (was it Krepa?) is really good.  I
unsoldered a big fat 4MB flash memory chip with it with about million
pins spaced about 0.7mm and soldered it on a different board and when I
removed all the shorts between pins (for some of them I needed a sharp
knife because they left thin whiskers that refuse to fall apart even
with a lot of colophonium, heat, sucking, rubbing with the lug and
sucking away with desoldering braid), it worked.

The expensive Weller soldering station unfortunately lacks the key
feature "bend the lug into a square shape with predetermined
dimensions" because it doesn't have a lug.

so I consider this to be a final proof that the soldering iron really
pays off, considering it's low price of just 25 CHF + work to recut
the torn down M3 screws into M4 ones.

CL<