Re: gEDA-user: Pad area as heatsink

> I tried that but as I understand it to make the pad one of the pins
> it has to be a line for a SMT part.  I couldn't make the line any
> wider than 6.3mm, PCB wouldn't let me make it any wider.  Is there a
> setting I have to change to make the top end of the line width
> larger?

Try using the lesstif gui, it doesn't place limitations on sizes.  Or
edit the file directly with a text editor.

If you want to modify your PCB to support larger limits, edit
globalconst.h where you'll find a list of MIN_* and MAX_* values.  You
want to change MAX_LINESIZE from 25000 (250 mils) to whatever.