Re: gEDA-user: Pad area as heatsink

On 5/27/06, Mike Hansen <mehansen10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried that but as I understand it to make the pad one of the pins it has
to be a line for a SMT part.  I couldn't make the line any wider than 6.3mm,
PCB wouldn't let me make it any wider.   Is there a setting I have to change
to make the top end of the line width larger?

One easy way to do this is to make all of your pads the same size and use a text editor to edit the one pad that you want to make larger.

The Pad lines look like:

 Pad [rX1 rY1 rX2 rY2 Thickness Clearance Mask "Name" "Number" SFlags]

Change the X, Y, and Thickness values to match your heatsink area.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org