Re: gEDA-user: Pcb slowdown

> Recent CVS takes longer to startup and there is a noticeable lag to
> keyboard commands.

Probably due to the new polygon dicer.  Harry mentioned he was
thinking of adding a cache to that.

> One thing I noticed is that Pcb loves cursors a lot more now, not
> shure wether that is significant.

The lesstif HID only updates the screen when the program is idle
anyway, which is designed to avoid the "whale" problem.  The busier
the program (or user) is, the less often the screen is redrawn, so it
never falls behind.  This may make the redraw *time* longer (i.e. max
redraws/second) but it minimizes the time between when you stop moving
the mouse and when the screen is up to date.

> Starting and immediately quitting:

If you could summarize the differences in those logs, that would help.

Also, you can put actions on the command line to standardize things,
plus there's a "benchmark" action (i.e. :Benchmark() ) that tells you
how many redraws you can do in ten seconds.  I get 4 redraws/sec for
my furnace board with filled polygons, and 60 r/s with "thin draw
polygons" set.