gEDA-user: Combining polygons

Hello all,

Earlier this week, I posted a message asking how I could combine several polygons in the ground plane into one larger polygon. I have heard nothing back since I've posted, even though the list has been busy this week. If my question is a stupid one, I wish someone would tell me why.

Many CAD packages allow you to combine shapes, so I am simply wondering if there is a way to do this in PCB. I quote my original e-mail below:

>Hello all,

>I created a PCB layout about a month ago and built the ground plane from rectangles, irregularly shaped polygons, and a few lines. All of these are in the >"solder" layer, but they area all separate from one another. Ideally, I would like to "merge" them into one single piece, because this keeps me from >accidentally dragging polygons out of place and the like, and it would make my layout that much cleaner. I have looked in the documentation, but I can't >find anything relevant. Does anyone know of a way to combine these different objects into one large piece?

>Thanks,
>Jeremy

Thanks much,
Jeremy