gEDA-user: Merging polygons

Hello all,

I created a PCB layout about a month ago and built the ground plane from rectangles, irregularly shaped polygons, and a few lines. All of these are in the "solder" layer, but they area all separate from one another. Ideally, I would like to "merge" them into one single piece, because this keeps me from accidentally dragging polygons out of place and the like, and it would make my layout that much cleaner. I have looked in the documentation, but I can't find anything relevant. Does anyone know of a way to combine these different objects into one large piece?

Thanks,
Jeremy