Re: gEDA-user: Combining polygons

>The answer is: it depends upon what you want to do.  Do you want a
>"group" operation, so that you can select a bunch of individual polys,
>and create a logical grouping of them so they all become part of a
>larger group which you can select and move?

That's exactly it. I can certainly understand why that would take some time to write though. The only programming language I can really claim to have even half a year's worth of experience with is DOS assembly, so I've no idea how you've even managed to write something as cool as gEDA. :-)

In the meantime, I suppose I'll lock them in place (thanks, Steven) so I don't accidentally move them.

This brings up another question: when I generate Gerber files, what becomes of these separate polygons? Are they all represented in the Gerber files as individual objects? Or are they all "morphed" into one large polygon because they all simply represent an area covered with something (copper, ink, etc...)?

Thanks all,
Jeremy