Re: gEDA-user: Formal Release dates

KURT PETERS wrote:
Just curious - I know you just had another code sprint / freedaug meeting; does that usual correspond with a formal code/version release? Is there a set time table or metrics on when the suite will have a formal version upgrade?
Regards,
Kurt

for PCB, I started out doing a snapshot approximately once every 3
months.  Some of the things which cause a deviation from that are

- a large change that warrants a bit more testing to catch important new
bugs (move to gtk gui, then the move to HID, and more recently the
polygon clipper and the user menus in gtk).

- a serious bug discovered in a snapshot (has happened once)

- my time