Re: gEDA-user: Formal Release dates

Just curious - I know you just had another code sprint / freedaug meeting; does that usual correspond with a formal code/version release? Is there a set time table or metrics on when the suite will have a formal version upgrade?

No fixed time table, and no strong correlation between Free Dog
meetings and releases.  However, if we've had a code sprint and enough
changes were made & features introduced, then Ales will commonly declare interest in spinning another release of gEDA/gaf. Indeed,
after our sprint couple of weeks ago he announced a new release to
come out soon.

A new version of PCB sometimes comes out at about the same time as the
gEDA/gaf release, but not always.

Once Ales releases a new version of gEDA/gaf, then I follow along a
week or two later with a new version of the gEDA Suite CD.  I put the
latest/greatest of all the tools incorporated in the Suite at that
time.  If you have any feature requests for the CD, please let me
know.  I may not implement them, but I am always interested in hearing
feature requests and new ideas.

Stuart