gEDA-user: Icarus bug?

I believe I found a bug in the Icarus VPI implementation, but I wanted
to check before filing a bug report.

I have code that works with ModelSim under Linux, but I want to
develop on my primary computer, which is a PowerBook, so I'm trying to
get it working with Icarus under OS X.  Here's the troublesome bit:

void register() {
  s_cb_data init;
  vpiHandle cbHandle;

  init.reason = cbStartOfSimulation;
  init.cb_rtn = initializeSim;
  init.obj = NULL;
  init.time = NULL;
  init.value = NULL;
  init.user_data = NULL;

  cbHandle = vpi_register_cb(&init);
/*  vpi_free_object(cbHandle);*/
}

void (*vlog_startup_routines[ ] ) () = {
   register,
   0
};

When I run it this way, it seems to work okay, but when I uncomment
the call to "vpi_free_object", it causes Icarus to crash with a "Bus
Error".  The Verilog PLI Handbook says that it's good style to free
the callback handle, unless you need to use it somewhere else.

Does this look like a bug to anyone else?

Benjamin