Re: gEDA-user: OT Transformer shop

Darryl Gibson wrote:
phil@plastitar.com wrote:
Anybody know of a transformer shop in NA?
Richard Sumner

sumr.com

He does production and custom transformers, coils and chokes.  Reputed to
be a good person to deal with.

He appears to only manufacture toroidal transformers, so I brushed up on
my transformer theory, and I don't see any reason why a toroidal
transformer can't replace a steel core transformer.

So I'm good to go, thanks.

I'm assuming this is a 60 Hz transformer? Make sure you have a high enough permeability and that the core can take the flux density. Also don't forget that there will be requirements for isolation (think UL rating) if it is to be safe.

You can probably find a transformer by looking through the advertisers in a hobby audio electronics magazine or maybe in something like nuts and volts.

-Dan