gEDA-user: USB Digital Microscopes

I'm looking for a relatively cheap (less than about $200) USB
microscope for inspecting solder joints and wasting time looking at
random stuff around the house at 200x.  I figure there are a few folks
on this list with the same unexplainable urges, so what have you
found?  I've found this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/923a/

Which seems to be made by the same folks as this:

http://www.pcgears.com/default.aspx?oid=189510

Except the latter seems to have higher resolution.  They are the same
price, except that ThinkGeek throws in a stand.  I wonder if the
microscopes are actually the same, and one site or the other has the
specs wrong.  Might be a confusion on ThinkGeek's part about image
capture resolution vs. video capture resolution.  There's also the
bulkier "QX5" microscope made by a company apparently now owned by
Intel, which cleans 640x480 resolution and sells for half the price.

But the annoying thing is that neither microscope claims Linux
support.  Would ThinkGeek sell something that doesn't work with Linux?
Aren't they marketing to, well, geeks?

--
Randall