Re: gEDA-user: An free/open space instrument development project

On Saturday 26 May 2007 16:47:20 John Doty wrote:

> For software, I think GPL is it.
>
> But what about documentation? This is very important, indeed it's the
> bulk of the project! GFDL? Creative Commons?
>
> Then there are schematic files, symbols, etc. I'll publish gschem
> files, but also derived files (netlist, graphics, BOM) for those not
> using gEDA (no accounting for taste ;-). What license makes sense for
> these?

I actually think there's nothing particularly objectionable about using GPL
for the lot.  It's (a) well-understood, (b) guarantees that the design stays
Free (and there's nothing stopping you re-licensing it closed, since you're
the copyright holder) and (c) ensures that there's no ambiguity about which
part of the design is under which license.

Just my €0.02 worth.

Peter

--
Fisher Society                              http://tinyurl.com/o39w2
CU Small-Bore Club                          http://tinyurl.com/mwrc9

      09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0            peter-b.co.uk