Re: gEDA-user: Running gEDA On an AMD Athlon

Use what your friends use, is good advice, as long as your friends are
pursuing the same goals as you are.

What is rarely discussed in Linux circles, is tech support, because it
has been sorely lacking, if it exists at all. Sure there are email lists
and what not, but try using them, and most of the time your told to RTFM.

This appears to be changing with Ubuntu.

Currently, I'm logged on to the Ubuntu IRC channel, and there are 1000+
other Ubuntu users logged on too. No BS, no politics, 99.9% Ubuntu stuff.

I spent six year looking for a linux distro I could call home, and I've
been with Ubuntu now, for a year. I believe I've found my home.

If you're new to linux, IMO, you can't go wrong with Ubuntu.

73

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
Ubuntu, free software for everybody. (TM)

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)