Re: gEDA-user: Transformer as voltage transducer?

John Doty wrote:

> A transformer is probably fine. Alternatively, google "isolation
> amplifier". These are good for sensing current (through a small
> resistor) too.

And, of course, they are good at voltage measurements too. I.E. EKG
machines.

Without knowing what the application is, it's environment, signal
source, etc... it is difficult to make specific recommendations.

OTOH, I'm very pleased to see off topic stuff like this entertained here.

Anybody here homebrewing vacuum tubes?

--
Darryl Gibson N2DIY
Ubuntu, free software for everybody. (TM)

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)