Re: gEDA-user: (OT) New York City wants to ban "detectors"

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 20:41 -0700, David Griffith wrote:
> Yes, but they've recently added language to allow smoke, radon, and CO
> detectors, but it still has legions of holes.  For instance, what's a
> geiger counter for personal use?  A common CDV700?  Those were made for
> the old fallout shelters.  What about a military model?  Are those legal?
> Nobody knows.

This statement; "so that their deployment will not cause excessive false
alarms and unwarranted anxiety" tells you why they thought up this law.

Section 10-809(5) "detectors which are not possessed or deployed as an
early warning device with a purpose of detecting a possible biological,
chemical or radiological weapons attack", could be used to exempt
everything.  This raises one question, if I have a detector exempted
under the above section but detect an impending disaster will reporting
it make my detector illegal?

__
Ormund