gEDA-user: Proper way to connect to the power/ground plane

My 4-layer board is just about ready to go. I've received some great
advice and tips from this email group, especially on laying down the
ground and power planes. I know that the way to connect devices to these
planes is with thermals, but what about the pins from the power supply
connector? One thermal connection may not be enough (there are lots of
LEDs to feed), but I don't see any other way except to maybe run a fat
(power) surface trace and use several thermals to feed the power planes.

Is this the best way or have I missed something?

Thanks again.  --Jim