Re: gEDA-user: PCB Autorouter Status?

Hit "o"  done it has no effect on the issue.

Lots of surface mount parts but none off of the 90 degree angles.

I was hoping there would be an easy answer and fearing there isn't.

Looks like the conditions for a stale rats nest are that for a given
rats nest line the function FindRouteBoxOnLayerGroup returns a null
value for at least one end point.

Lets step back.

I have created a schematic using gschem.

generated a net list

constructed all the needed footprints

placed them into pcb and loaded the netlist I have no missing components

I hand routed the power and ground planes

rerun rats nest optimization

put copper rectangles around the board on three signal layers to
restrict the autorouter

This will be a six layer board with a likely stackup of
  signal / ground / signal/ power1/ power2 / signal

the pcb layers enabled are

component
solder
gnd
power1
signal1
power2
silk
rat lines
pins/pads
vias
far side

rerun rats net opt.... no shorts no complaints 582 rat lines remaining

then doesn't matter if i select one rat line or all I get the stale rats
nest message

Is there something I am supposed to be doing in setting up the layers?
SO far all I have done from the standard pcb setup is to rename one of
the layers to power2

Thanks,

Steve Meier