Re: gEDA-user: Using 60Hz mains frequency for timing?

Like others said, the 60Hz frequency is accurately controlled to a few
cycles per DAY, so long-interval low-resolution (8.3 ms period) timing may
be more accurate using that, while short period, or higher-resolution timing
would be better handled with your crystal.