gEDA-user: PCB plug-in to update footprints in layouts

Hello,

I've written a PCB plug-in that lets you replace existing footprints
in your layout with updated footprints.  It's described here:
http://www.bourbonstreetsoftware.com/PCBFootprintUpdatePlugIn.html .

I'm not sure how useful this will be generally since everyone's
workflow is different, but I thought I'd put it out there.

BTW, this is the first time I've delved into PCB internals, so if you
try the plug-in, please make sure you've backed up your layout first!
  And please let me know if you run into any problems or have any
suggestions.

Dean