Re: gEDA-user: Pro*el schematic ascii library to gEDA importer

On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 23:34 -0400, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got an e-mail from the author of a gEDA Pro*el importer.
>
> Here is a blurb of their project:
>
> 	This program is designed to import ascii exported Pr*tel schematic
> 	library to gEDA schematic format. Documentation is short, but
> 	precise and can be used to write converters for other formats.

That does indeed look cool.

I'm trying to get hold of an appropriate schematic I can test it on. (I
know a project which uses Altium and I've asked if that can still export
Protel ASCII format, and whether they would be prepared to send me one.

> It can be found at:
>
> http://jacek-tools.110mb.com/
>
> along with some other interseting gEDA things.

The symbols are probably the most interesting thing for me on that
page.. I made a tentative start drawing a few industrial style contactor
coil / contact, motor overload, circuit breaker symbols, but they
weren't very good.

These symbols are nice, and will make my life communicating with people
who understand the standard(?) Euro(?) symbols for these things much
easier!

If the Jacek is listening on this mailing list... Thanks!

(I've BCC'd Jacek's email address listed in the converter tool AUTHORS
file, so I'm guessing he'll get this one way or other.)

I see your symbols are in Polish at the moment. I just wanted to point
out (if you didn't know already) that gEDA is translatable as it uses
gettext. If you wanted to submit a translation in Polish, we'd gladly
incorporate it.

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton