Re: gEDA-user: Export to Orcad?

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 22:06 -0400, Randall Nortman wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the answer is still, as it has always been, "no", but
> just to check: Can I get gschem to export to Orcad format, or any
> other schematic format?  I need to send my design to the
> "professionals" for further work, who of course are not gEDA-friendly.
> I think it's probably going to come down to me giving them
> postscript/pdf and them re-entering the design in their own preferred
> package, unless there's a converter I'm not aware of.

You can't export the schematic, no - but there are a lot of different
net-list formats gnetlist can export to.

I guess the first step is to find out what netlist formats orcad can
read. If its none which gnetlist can emit, can we get an example netlist
file to try and write an exporter? Netlist files tend to be ASCII as
layout tool vendors actually want you to be able to import this data.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,