Re: gEDA-user: Routing Rat lines - ?

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 01:28:24PM -0700, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 09:16:02PM +0100, Farrukh Aslam wrote:
> >
> > In my pcb layout, the 'auto-route' option replaces about half the rats
> > lines by traces. Do I have to route all the other rats lines manually
> > or is there any other smart option ? There are about 69 rats lines
> > remaining !
>
> My last big project had something like 900 rats and I routed them all by
> hand...

My last big project was similar ~900 rats.  I, too, routed
them all by hand.  All the difficult stuff is analog, and
there's no way I'll let an autorouter in the same _building_
as those nets.  Then you have the BGA escape routing, that
I have only ever seen autorouters make a total mess of.
Finally, I had to play connect-the-dots for an afternoon
to take care of the remaining digital wiring, which then
gets back-annotated for the pin mapping on the FPGA.

Autorouter?  What autorouter?   ;-)

   - Larry