Re: gEDA-user: Routing Rat lines - ?

ditto...

1) Placement and power distribution placement includes minimizing
ratsnest lines crossing each other and clustering power requirements
then figure out how to distribute the power

2) Escape from under the BGA's  take bga traces out from under to a bit
beyond the edge. again keep in mind unwinding the rat nest crosses.

3) plan the use of your signal layers. dedicate layers to running
north/south and other layers to east/west.

4) run the buses they are all going from the same place to one or more
other places and just like being run together

5) run the short traces this is often already done under buses

6) run the rest anyway you can

Steve Meier