Re: gEDA-user: needing --disable-update-mime-database

Thursday 15 of May 2008 13:35:23 Ales Hvezda napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> >Hi, I noticed the new geda and pcb need the configure flags:
> >--disable-update-desktop-database --disable-update-mime-database
> >
> >since I do not have these binaries.
> >
> >For geda I have to edit the Makefile to add them which is a little odd I
> > think .  I just thought it would be nicer if they were autodetected
> > instead, just my suggestion.
>
> 	Yeah, I would like that too.  Is this sort of auto detect
> feasible for the desktop integration, Peter?  A possible alternative
> is to add (disable) them by default.  I seem to recall having a similar
> conversation a while ago, but I don't remember what came of it.  Thanks,

The simplest way to check if it is ok to update desktop and mime databases is
by checking the DESTDIR variable. If it is empty, then the package is
installed to its final location and it is OK to update all configuration.
If DESTDIR contains anything then the package is installed to an intermediate
location and desktop and mime databases should be updated by package manager
during final installation.

Wojciech Kazubski