Re: gEDA-user: Verilog, testbenches, and Makefiles

Gene -

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 06:47:38PM +0000, carzrgr8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How are you running lint?  The only linter I've spent time with, is splint and never figured out, how to apply it to verilog.  Recently, Aldec has added a linter to their product line.  If you don't mind the cost, it's probably pretty good.  I don't have the doe for that, so am interested in your method.

"iverilog -Wall" and thinking a lot.  The synthesizer in
Xilinx XST sometimes prints interesting messages, too.

> My make skills are weak, so I have to decode some of what you've written.  Also, what is awk?  That's new to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWK
Dates from 1977.  It's a lightweight and reasonably general
purpose language in the Unix toolkit.  In complexity and power
I would place it halfway between Bourne shell and perl.

   - Larry