gEDA-user: non interactive attribute editor

I have written a Perl script wich can update given attributes found in symbols
located in a schematic file. It reads the `id=xx` attribute, looks up the part
in the database, and edit other attributes attached to the symbol according to
the record in the database. They can be footprint information, values,
documentation etc. Moreover it automatically performs light to heavy symbol
generation. The resulted symbol is placed in a local directory.

It is now quite usable with a web based MySQL client (PhpMyadmin). It is
really a big help with large projects.

I design my schematics in the following way.

1. Place light symbols
2. Place nets
3. Add id=xx attributes to symbols
4. Run dbsym_update.pl on the schematic(s)
5. Set visibility of the attributes with gattrib
6. Run gsch2pcb
7. Move visible attributes in gschem

This process eliminates the use of heavy symbols, and minimises manual
attribute fills.

The dbsym_update.pl along with other scrips can be found here:

http://logonex.eu/cgi-bin/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/scripts4geda/

This script has been integrated to my pskel thing, which is generally a
Makefile collection.

Cheers,
Levente
--