Re: gEDA-user: BGA on home based pcb assembly

> Anyone use BGA and install them at home?  Maybe DJ with the skillet
> method?

Not yet, but I have some CSP chips on the workbench that are waiting
for a board to be made.  I'm currently waiting for new paper and some
UV lights to try some tests with photofilm instead of toner transfer
to see if I can get more reliable small traces first.

> I'm at a cross-road in my design.  A device that interests me comes
>in PQFP, but has more functions only in BGA package.  I'd like to use
>those features but am afraid of not soldering the BGA down properly
>and what to do if rework becomes needed.

How many pins and what pitch are you looking at?  The larger/finer the
package, the more important it is to have someone with a known process
and x-ray inspection equipment do the install for you.