Re: gEDA-user: BGA on home based pcb assembly

Off the top of my head, I am not sure about the pitch.  There's 2 parts,
one from NXP the other from Atmel and they are not the same footprint -
I think.

There was a guy I used to work with who could drop a bga in place by
eye, heat it with hot air, and had better than 90% success.  No xray, no
video inspection, just his rather crooked eye ball :)  Not only that, he
could reball a bga after removing it from a board (in a toaster over, no
less).

Anyway, I will probably shy away from the bga but now need to figure a
way to get lcd driver function.  Maybe a good question for another thread.

gene