Re: gEDA-user: solder jumpers

DJ Delorie wrote:
> Had another idea for a solder jumper:
>
> http://www.delorie.com/pcb/solderjumpers.html

We used bisected circle solder jumpers on the old Iomega Zip line of
products.  They were much like your top right idea.  We included or
excluded them in the solder stencil to get their default bridged or
unbridged production state.  They were very small, maybe only a
millimeter in diameter at the largest.
If I remember properly there were larger jumpers like them in the
Commodore 1541 drive as well that were used to change the drive number
so that multiple drives could exist on the same chain.

Eric Winsor