Re: gEDA-user: solder jumpers

What I really want for solder jumpers is the ability to (un)mask them
for solder mask, (un)mask paste mask, and metal short options.

that is to disable them from production and we know that they are
going to be open, put solder mask over them to prevent accidental
shorting.
to leave open have a hole in the solder mask, but no solder paste mask
hole.
to enable place a hole in the paste mask.

I'd also like a metal short option, when I know that it is going to be
connected and want the option to cut it out in the future.  Other
software uses a "shorting" layer to do this that the DRC does not know
about.   to do this now i use a dash or other straight line text size
it up and place it as my short that the DRC does not see.  but i then
have not DRC protection of it.   As i really only want it shorting out
those two pads and not a trace that accidently is under it.

I really like the top left circle dot,  the surface tension should
guarantee that that would bridge.

The lower left offset tuning forks looks like it gets the surface
tension perk as well.

The lower left has too thin of a trace between the two outside pads,
less surface tension.

The upper left hexagon eh, not as interesting, looks standard.