Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

>> For software to be truly expert friendly, it must use languages
>> that are meaningful in the application domain, and lots of
>> extendability.  To a circuit designer, that is not C, Scheme,
>> M4, or XML.
>
> The ones I know circuit designers use are verilog, perl and python.
> and then there are the many Matlab programmers...
>
> Are any of those what you're thinking of Al?

Verilog or VHDL are the only languages that I know of that are
directly used in hardware design, and IMO neither is suited for
writing scripts on PCs.  Since no suitable languages are commonly used
in hardware development (except by people who also write software), I
don't think there's a clear choice.  Any scripting language would be
fine, but something like perl or python would be more accessible to
more people than scheme or M4 currently is.

The main issue though is to have input and output files in plain text,
so anyone can write scripts in whatever language they please to
process them.